Modern technology brings many advances for store management, but did you know that nearly 80% of business owners adopting new software list inventory tracking and management as their top need?
If you haven’t reviewed your current price book or POS software solutions, here are a few reasons why you should:
- Accurate pricing. Many ERP software solutions include c-store POS modules connected to a price book database integrated within the system. One change to the price book updates cost, retail, and promotional pricing throughout the entire ERP software system. Your stores will be charging the updated price as soon as it is modified in the database.
- Accurate inventory. There’s no longer any reason to have store employees check shelf and stockroom levels for daily or weekly inventory monitoring. Today’s software solutions provide instantaneous inventory tracking as counts are updated in real-time when inventory is received and products are sold at the check stand. It’s simple to create reports to review inventory levels of your most critical products as often as you need.
- Easy ordering. Because you always know where you stand with inventory, it’s simple to generate purchase orders to keep your warehouse replenished. Some solutions automate the process so you don’t even have to think about it. Predictive analytics determine how much product is needed for forecasted sales.
- Direct connection to your financials. ERP solutions with integrated POS and price book solutions make it easy to perform soft closes since the inventory and its associated costs are already connected to your financial reporting system. Instantly see where the business stands with access to daily, monthly, and annual financial summaries at your fingertips.
- Simple in-center procedures. Modern POS solutions make it easy to train center employees to perform transactions, make change and balance the registers, and even assist with store management functions. Security settings and notifications can be used to manage cash drops. With promotional pricing adjusted at the price book level, there’s less room for error as employees ring up BOGO or discounted items.
If it sounds like your business could use an updated software solution, contact us at WEnd Consulting Services. Our team can sit down with you and perform a quick business analysis to show you how new software solutions can enhance your bottom line. We know the fuel and convenience store industry and have the proven experience to help you implement solutions to achieve winning results. Contact us today to see how easy it is to get started!